[srslte-users] [MAC Failure] [Repository] Issue with last fix concerning respository
vincentf at student.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 2 07:39:51 UTC 2018
Thanks for your message. I tried to figure that out, but old version seems to have difficulties to compile, when I 'checkout' them. (It may be because some files are not changed, and still be compiled .. or just interfere with old setup. e.g. the config files that slightly changed between versions)
Anyway, I figured out my problem, which is very uninteresting (polite way to say it's a bit stupid) in the end :
During my tests, I replaced enb.conf by enb.conf.example, due to the update, and so overwrite the authentication algorithm, from milenage to xor. Back to milenage, no more issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your help
Have a nice day !
De : David Rupprecht [david.rupprecht at rub.de]
Envoyé : mardi 31 juillet 2018 09:16
À : Falconieri Vincent; srslte-users at lists.softwareradiosystems.com
Objet : Re: [srslte-users] [MAC Failure] [Repository] Issue with last fix concerning respository
have you tried to connect a srsUE to your srseNB/srsEPC setup with the
same credentials. The verification of the AUTN token is done in the SIM
card, and therefore it would be helpful to have more debug information,
e.g, what is the expected MAC by the SIM card.
Otherwise you can use git-bisect to find the exact patch that introduced
On 27.07.2018 18:12, Falconieri Vincent wrote:
> Hi !
> Thanks for your e-mail.
> I'm using OPC. The same file is working in the first configuration and not in the second (so opc for both).
> I haven't tried with OP, but I can.
> (Here is an extract : simX,90xx000000xxxx8,400xxxx9c68bxxxxc229e0bxxxxe6856,opc,a5c0xxxx8fb5c3xxxx4bb15c415xxxx,9001,000000001240,9
> This is a test configuration, no "true value", so no issue concerning confidentiality)
> Thanks !
> Best regards,
> F. Vincent
> De : David Rupprecht [david.rupprecht at rub.de]
> Envoyé : vendredi 27 juillet 2018 17:10
> À : srslte-users at lists.softwareradiosystems.com; Falconieri Vincent
> Objet : Re: [srslte-users] [MAC Failure] [Repository] Issue with last fix concerning respository
> Hi Vincent,
> do you use the op or the opc in your users_db.csv?
> Best regards,
> On 27.07.2018 16:34, Falconieri Vincent wrote:
>> A short e-mail concerning an issue :
>> Few days ago I reported an issue and its solution (See : http://www.softwareradiosystems.com/pipermail/srslte-users/2018-July/001757.html )
>> Which - I believe - is linked to the update you made the next day (See : http://www.softwareradiosystems.com/pipermail/srslte-users/2018-July/001762.html)
>> I decided to update my setup today, and it's seems a new problem is occuring.
>> First setup : Old srsLTE (before the update) with a custom SIM and "good parameters" (Ki,...) in users_db.csv.
>> The first setup is consistently working : the UE can see and attach to the network, without any failure.
>> Second setup : New srsLTE (after the update) with the same custom SIM and a copy paste of the working users_db.csv and all other config files of the first setup.
>> The second setup is constitently failing : the UE can see the network but a MAC Failure occurs on attach.
>> I have a pcap of the error (UE side), but it's really just a MAC failure. I can send it if needed.
>> If you have an idea, otherwise I will stay on the previous version.
>> Have a nice day
>> F. Vincent
>> srslte-users mailing list
>> srslte-users at lists.softwareradiosystems.com
> M.Sc. David Rupprecht
> Ruhr-University Bochum
> Research Group Information Security
> Universitätsstraße 150
> ID 2/130
> 44780 Bochum / Germany
> Phone: +49 234 / 32 - 23508
> Web: www.infsec.rub.de
M.Sc. David Rupprecht
Research Group Information Security
44780 Bochum / Germany
Phone: +49 234 / 32 - 23508
More information about the srslte-users