[srslte-users] General srsLTE/srsUE questions

Ismael Gomez ismael.gomez at softwareradiosystems.com
Fri May 26 09:54:26 UTC 2017

Hi Cathy,

On Fri, 26 May 2017 at 10:29 Zanetti, Catherine <
Catherine.Zanetti at parsons.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> First off, I apologize if any of these questions have already been
> answered. I have tried searching and haven’t found what I’m looking for.
> After using srsLTE and srsUE a bit, I have the following questions (from a
> high level)
>
> -          What does it mean when I get information from the cell_search
> program indicating a cell at a certain frequency, but then cannot decode
> the SIB1 message using srsUE? (I get “Trying to decode MIB…” many times,
> “Timeout while searching for SIB1”, “Timeout while synchronizing SFN”, or
> many “Searching for cell” messages)

It means the PSS correlator found something but the UE wasn't able to
decode the Master Information Block. Essentially this means the SNR is not
enough to decode the signal.

> -          What does it mean when I get 2 different cell physical ids at
> the same frequency when I run a cell_search?

It means it has detected 2 cells transmitting in the same frequency with
difference cell id.

> -          When running the cell_search, I receive cells found at
> frequencies very close together (~100 kHz), which is less than the cell
> bandwidth. What do these results mean?

Those are probably false alarms. You should only take into considerations
the cells for which the MIB was correctly decoded.