[srslte-users] srslte_pss_synch_find_pss returns peak position greater than the subframe size

Felipe Augusto Pereira de Figueiredo zz4fap at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:34:27 UTC 2017

Dear srsLTE group,

I'm studying the srsLTE code and I`m confused by one thing I've found out.

I observed that the function: srslte_pss_synch_find_pss from pss.c
sometimes returns a peak position that is greater than the subframe, i.e.,
5760 in the case of 5 MHz and using the sampling rate of 5.76 MHz.

I've checked and that function uses convolution FFT to do the correlation,
see below:
conv_output_len = srslte_conv_fft_cc_run(&q->conv_fft, q->tmp_input,
q->pss_signal_time[q->N_id_2], q->conv_output);

If the peak is used to align the subframe how can it be greater than the
subframe? Is this behavior correct?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Felipe Augusto