[srslte-users] PDCCH/DCI Blind Searching

Patrick Cutno PCutno at girdsystems.com
Thu May 4 19:57:58 UTC 2017

I know you guys said the DCI search isn't a big compared to everything else but I just had one more question. I noticed "srslte_rm_conv_rx" and "srslte_viterbi_decode_f" had similar functions that use int16_t instead of floats; "srslte_rm_conv_rx_s" and "srslte_viterbi_decode_s".

It looks like those functions are used in srslte/lib/phch/uci.c instead of srslte/lib/phch/pdcch.c where the floating point versions are repeatedly called. Ismael, if you happen to remember, could you tell me what are some of the downsides of switching to the int16_t version?

Also, is it necessary to call "float tmp[3 * NCOLS * NROWS_MAX]" for every call of the srslte_rm_conv_rx? Does the array need to be maintained for different calls? Would it be possible to create it once and reuse it (I haven't looked into this yet)?

Thanks again
Pat