[srslte-users] PDCCH/DCI Blind Searching

Patrick Cutno PCutno at girdsystems.com
Thu May 4 18:54:49 UTC 2017

Tom,

Thank you for input as well.

Pat
From: Tom Tsou [tom at tsou.cc]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 2:45 PM
To: Patrick Cutno
Cc: srslte-users at lists.softwareradiosystems.com
Subject: Re: [srslte-users] PDCCH/DCI Blind Searching

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Patrick Cutno <PCutno at girdsystems.com> wrote:
> I have started to look in to what optimizations could be done to the code to
> reduce the CPU usage and the "dci_blind_search" and its subsequent function
> calls are called quite often. I know its not SRS's fault, I actually found
> in my research that everyone implements the search the same way. It was nice
> to find SRS's code implements the common and UE specific search space
> optimization to reduce the number of PDCCH locations, formats, and DCI
> format combinations that need to be searched but I feel this could still be
> improved upon. . .

I know that DCI search seems inefficient, but I'll echo Ismael's
statement that the blind detection is not significant relative to
other loads - mainly turbo decoding. DCI messages have short lengths
and convolutional decoding is non-iterative, so PDCCH load is
comparatively small compared to larger and possibly punctured PDSCH
blocks.

The case where DCI search load goes high is if you want to brute force
the full RNTI search space, but that procedure is intentionally
expensive by design.

  -TT