[srslte-users] Connecting srsue to srsenb

fabian.eckermann at tu-dortmund.de fabian.eckermann at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jul 26 07:14:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I’m having a setup where I want to connect srsue to srsenb. Srsenb is connected to a EPC and for a COTS UE (LG G5) everything works as expected and I can connect to the srsenb. However when I try to connect the srsue to the same setup it fails.
To exclude the radio channel I connected srsenb and srsue with HF cables and 40dB attenuators. Again the connection failed with the following output (ue):

Setting Sampling frequency 5.76 MHz
Setting TX/RX offset 93 samples, 16.15 us
SIB1 received, CellID=411,  PLMN Id: MCC 555 MNC 13
SIB2 received
Random Access Transmission: seq=1, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Complete.     c-rnti=0x46, ta=0
RRC Connected
Scheduling request failed: releasing RRC connection...
Random Access Transmission: seq=1, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Transmission: seq=2, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Transmission: seq=3, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Transmission: seq=4, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Transmission: seq=5, ra-rnti=0x2
Random Access Transmission: seq=6, ra-rnti=0x2
RRC Connection released.

I attached the logfiles of srsue and srsue for further details.

Is this a bug of srsue or is srsue not supposed to work with srsenb?

Kind regards
Fabian

--
M. Sc. Fabian Eckermann
Research Assistant

TU Dortmund University
Communication Networks Institute (CNI)
Otto-Hahn-Str. 6
44227 Dortmund

Tel.: +49 231-755 50 58<tel:+492317555058>
Fax: +49 231-755 61 63<tel:+492317556163>
fabian.eckermann at tu-dortmund.de<mailto:fabian.eckermann at tu-dortmund.de>
www.cni.tu-dortmund.de<http://www.cni.tu-dortmund.de/>

Wichtiger Hinweis: Die Information in dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sie ist ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der für diese E-Mail bestimmte Adressat sein, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Vielen Dank.
Unbeschadet der Korrespondenz per E-Mail, sind unsere Erklärungen ausschließlich final rechtsverbindlich, wenn sie in herkömmlicher Schriftform (mit eigenhändiger Unterschrift) oder durch Übermittlung eines solchen Schriftstücks per Telefax erfolgen.

Important note: The information included in this e-mail is confidential. It is solely intended for the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you. Without prejudice of e-mail correspondence, our statements are only legally binding when they are made in the conventional written form (with personal signature) or when such documents are sent by fax.