[srslte-users] FAQ

Ismael Gomez ismael.gomez at softwareradiosystems.com
Fri Aug 18 08:46:16 UTC 2017

Hi Harsha,

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 10:38 Harsha Chenji <cjkernel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Couple of questions (apologies if these are FAQs - we can contribute and
> push a new FAQ document to the srsLTE repo if it's OK).

Thanks for you offering. Yes a FAQ document contribution would be great,
thanks.

> We are using srsUE - srsENB - openairEPC as our setup. Everything seems to
> work fine now, I can ping the interwebs from the UE (~40ms to google.com).
>
> 1. Will a B200 work fine for the UE/ENB? Do we have to add any extra
> arguments to UHD as far as antennas are concerned?

We've tested B200mini and B210 boards only. Since the current version uses
the default antenna for TX/RX I don't think there should be any problem

> 2. Is the UE using both TX/RX and RX2 antennas or just the former? Can we
> get it to half-duplex with just one antenna (TX/RX)?

By default it uses TX/RX for TX and RX2 for RX. We haven't tried with a
single antenna but you could try it yourself changing the antenna mapping
in the function rf_uhd_open_multi() in lib/src/phy/rf/rf_uhd.imp.c

> 3. How do we set the bandwidth in the ENB?

The configuration parameter n_prb in section [enb] of the enb.conf file
sets the number of PRB.

> 4. When we do an iperf from the UE to the public interface of the EPC
> (which does a NAT), the entire setup just stops working (pings work fine
> though). The MCS column in the enb trace reads "-nan" as soon as iperf is
> started. The CPU utilization barely crosses 50%, so does the RAM. How can
> we debug this?

You should look at /tmp/enb.log and /tmp/ue.log files for hints. If you
sent attach them here I can take a look.

> Thanks!
>
> P.S. - we are willing to contribute or help beta test new features.

Thanks for your offering.

Regards