[srslte-users] After some testing, LIBUSB_TRANSFER_ERROR from uhd_rx_nogui

Enes √úNAL aenesunal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:46:06 UTC 2016

Hello dear srsLTE users,

After multiple (not at the same time) runs of srsUE, I got

############
Error opening RX stream: 44
No compatible RF frontend found
Error opening RF device
Failed to find device auto with args auto
############

Since the message is not descriptive enough, I tried to open official uhd
application ie. uhd_rx_nogui. As I expected, it gave an error whatever the
configuration. The error is as follows:

############
thread[thread-per-block[0]: <block gr uhd usrp source (2)>]: RuntimeError:
usb rx6 transfer status: LIBUSB_TRANSFER_ERROR

When I tried to open uhd_rx_nogui multiple times, I could not generate the
same error. It seems it's a libusb failure but libusb isn't whom
responsible for the issue.

I think the problem is originated from srsLTE, maybe wrong arguments or
maybe unsuccessfully closed the libusb transfer stream.

Is it a known issue, or am I the only one who saw it? The issue is gone
everytime I plugged out USB and plugged in again.

Thanks, Best.
Enes.