[srslte-users] Trying to pickup broadcast messages [2]

Ismael Gomez ismael.gomez at softwareradiosystems.com
Thu Feb 18 12:46:06 UTC 2016

Hi Anthony,

I think the best way to sniff PDCCH packets is modifying the pdsch_ue
example, just like the authors of the paper did. Actually it's really easy.

First thing to do is to instruct the pdsch_ue example to look for paging
messages in PDSCH, just past the paging RNTI (0xFFFE) with the option "-r"
to the program.

Then you need to modify the pdsch_ue example to print or save the decoded
messages. If you look at file srslte/examples/pdsch_ue.c, line 499, when
the program gets there it means it has successfully decoded a packet in
PDSCH. The packet should be in the "data" pointer. You can use the
function srslte_vec_fprint_byte() to print the hex string to stdout. Then
you can use your ASN decoder to decode the message. This site is also
useful: http://www.marben-products.com/asn.1/services/decoder-asn1-lte.html.
Just copy & paste the hex string there and you'll get the decoded message.

Ismael